- Capture the movement. Fall is the perfect time to do this. Imagine this, it is a crisp fall day, leaves rustling, kids playing, and the wind blowing ever so sweetly...sounds like a pretty picturesque moment in time right? That is because IT IS!! Some of my personal favorites are the photos I capture of kids playing in the leaves, wearing genuine smiles and laughing loud for everyone to hear. Moms and Dads carry the kiddos on your back, laugh yourself and have a good time. It is capturing movements like that, that will keep the viewers eye engaged on the photograph the entire time.
- Add Fall Props. Don't be afraid to mention that you want pumpkins or other items in your photos. I love when a client requests to do their shoot at the local pumpkin patch! It gives us so many items to work with and helps set the "Fall Mood". They always help with those "What do I do with my hands?" moments. (Which we all have!)
- Add drama to the photograph using the environment around you. I love to add drama to my fall images by capturing my subjects against the beautiful fall foliage. I love to frame my photograph so that my subject is smaller in the picture, so that the viewer has a sense of the majestic trees and time of year. I also add drama to my images by looking for natural frames in my environment. Using trees of fall foliage to frame your subject will make for a more dramatic and interesting image.
- It is all about the color. Fall is the season that makes us think of vibrant leaves, warm tones, and being cozy next to a warm burning fire. The colors you choose to wear could make or break the photographs. My advice is to always keep it as simple as possible. Solid colors, a few subtle prints, and no graphic tees! You want to stand out against the vibrant hues but still compliment them in a way. I always look for areas with lots of foliage to serves as a gorgeous background for my photos.
- Have fun and enjoy the moment with whomever you are sharing it with! Or if the session is just for you, enjoy every minute of it. Take this time to really go out of your comfort zone and get creative. Nothing makes me more excited during a shoot than when the client(s) want to try something creative and fun!
Well, there you have it. 5 Secrets to amazing Fall photos.
Don't wait until the "Perfect Time" to book your session...days, months, years, are passing us by...
I promise, you won't regret having these photos to cherish in the years to come.